By engaging with your child, you are helping improve their overall socio-emotional well-being and behavior.
- Making eye contact when talking
- Being specific with directions when asking something of child
- Asking follow up questions
- Allowing child to help with tasks such as list making, chores, grocery shopping, meal time)
- Playing with your child
Ways to create positive outcomes:
- Involving child (discussions, tasks, decision-making)
- Showing warmth and sensitivity
- Be a good role model
In partnership with Vroom, BY5 works toward achieving parent success, school readiness and grade-level reading.
Vroom, with strong support from the Bezos Family Foundation, provides materials and resources to aid families in recognizing when their behavior is stimulating their child’s brain in a positive way. Through these efforts, Vroom strives to inform parents that they have the skills to benefit their child’s development. For more information and Vroom videos, visit www.joinvroom.org/about.