A healthy home environment sets children up for success.
Ways to accomplish this are:
- Decrease stress within the household
- Make use of available resources to overcome obstacles - Find Family Navigators in your community
- Long-term outcomes include:
- High school graduation
- Decrease in teen parenthood
- Adult employment
Ways to create positive outcomes:
- Showing warmth and sensitivity
- Having a routine/reducing chaos
- Sharing book readings and discussions
- Allow your child to explore safely
- Limit exposure to screen time (TV/IPAD/Etc...)
- Keep background noise to a minimum, especially when talking with children
In partnership with Vroom, BY5 works toward achieving parent success, school readiness and grade-level reading.
Vroom, with strong support from the Bezos Family Foundation, provides materials and resources to aid families in recognizing when their behavior is stimulating their child’s brain in a positive way. Through these efforts, Vroom strives to inform parents that they have the skills to benefit their child’s development. For more information and Vroom videos, visit www.joinvroom.org/about.